- Buy from a credible source.
- Do your research, such as carrying out a Carfax VIN (vehicle inspection number) check.
- Inspect the car thoroughly.
- Make sure all documents, including custom papers, are in order.
What is the best site to buy cars in Nigeria?
- Cheki.com.ng. Cheki is an online marketplace for a wide range of quality, used cars & vehicles.
Which is the most cheapest car in Nigeria?
- Kia Soul: Kia Soul is an economy friendly vehicle manufactured by Kia and distributed in Nigeria and other countries.
- Honda Accord: Honda Accord is also a brand dominant in the space of the Nigeria roads.
- Recommended: Characteristics of a good scientist.
How do you know if a Tokunbo car is good?
Check the car’s ignition
On a large scale, the car condition can be determined by its ignition. Because the warning light is on and off as the car’s ignition works up. If the lights on the panel are on while the engine starts, it is a clear sign that there’s something wrong with the car.
How much is the import duty on used cars in Nigeria?
There is a charge of 35% import duty on imported vehicles plus an additional 35% levy, which brings the total clearing cost to 70% of the vehicle’s price. This 48% increase in clearing charge was a move by the government to discourage importation while encouraging locally manufactured cars in Nigeria.
Where is the best place to find cheap used cars?
- Best Overall: Autotrader.
- Best Basic Option: CarsDirect.
- Best for Classic Cars: Hemmings.
- Best for Mobile: Autolist.
- Best for Cheap Cars: CarGurus.
- Best for Comparing Options: AutoTempest.
- Best Auction Site: Cars & Bids.
How can I get a second hand car cheap?
- Consider ALL the costs.
- Cars just one year old are a lot cheaper.
- Some cars are cheaper to run than others.
- Certain times of year are better for buying.
- Shop around and haggle.
- Check the car before you drive away.
What is the cheapest way to buy a car?
- Pay Cash. One of the best ways to save money on a car loan is to not get a loan at all.
- Get Pre-Approved.
- Improve Your Credit Score.
- Choose the Right Time of Year.
- Buy a Manual.
- Don’t Do a Trade-In.
- Try Auctions.
- Lease a Vehicle.
Which state has the cheapest cars in Nigeria?
Cars are far cheaper in Cotonou than in Nigeria. Many car dealers prefer buying cars from Cotonou and selling them in Nigeria to make huge profit. You can buy cheap cars from there and drive it down here to Nigeria. In many city capitals in Nigeria, you will see locations where cars are displayed for sell.
Do Nigerian Customs sell cars?
The Nigeria Customs Services has allegedly sold about 6,000 impounded vehicles and other items to selected firms and individuals, The PUNCH has learnt. The auction of the vehicles, it was gathered, was done without open competitive bidding, contrary to the Bureau of Public Procurement Act, 2007.
What year of car can be shipped to Nigeria?
When selling to someone in Nigeria, the shipping regulations are important to know. For example, cars must be no older than 14-1/2 years past their original date of manufacture. However, no such restriction currently exists for trucks or vans.
Which car is 2 million naira in Nigeria?
The Uber Corolla is the best car you can get with two million Naira in Nigeria. Many Nigerians love this car for so many reasons.
Which car consumes less fuel in Nigeria?
1) Toyota Corolla
Almost everyone in Nigeria drives a Corolla, and if you are looking for something that is not only fine looking but can conserve fuel very well, then this car is surely your plug. Its fuel economy power ranges between 10 km/L to 13.7 km/L.
What is the most used car in Nigeria?
- Toyota Camry.
- Honda Accord.
- Mercedes Benz G-Class.
- Kia Rio/Sportage.
- Hyundai Elantra/Sonata.
- Ford F-Series.
- Range Rover Sport.
- Toyota Corolla.
What is a good mileage for Tokunbo car?
It is advisable to buy a car with low mileage. Ensure it is below 130,000 kilometers. Cars with low mileage are better but this should not be valued more than the total well-being of the car. If the car is in good condition with low mileage, it’s a plus.
What are the things to check before buying old car?
Which year used car is best to buy?
What’s the “Sweet Spot” for Used Car Age? In retaining “like new” quality and inheriting a slower depreciation rate, the best used car age for buying is 2-3 years. In fact, Americans are saving up to $14,000 on a 3-year-old vehicle.
What to check when buying Nigerian used car?